Exercising With My ShihTzu, Shaiming

Exercise has for a long time been shown to be a KEY factor in our brain health. It stimulates the brain making it function better. Certain healthy foods and supplements also work to help in the stimulus but keeping the cardiovascular health strong is essential to avoid Alzheimer's disease and dementia. This ensures that they brain is sharp and focused.

Exercise means different things to many people and if hitting the gym or running in the park isn't your cup of tea, you can find something else that you enjoy. This could be dancing or joining an aerobics class. It could even be something as exciting as taking your dog out for a walk! The key thing is that your body is moving.

Shitzu Dogs

On April 23rd at the Humane Society it was love at first sight when I saw my ShiTzu,Shaiming. I didn't know much about this breed and I set on a journey to learn as much about him as I possibly could. One of the common features in Shih Tzus is the different eye colors. More large dogs have two different eye colors than the little ones. Mine has one blue and one brown.

The other thing is that they hate to exercise. Yes, hate. That explains why today he gave clear signals that he didn't want to be walking. He planted his little feet and reused to move his little furry body. I decided to try something different and took his little leash and tucked it in his harness letting him walk free. He loved this better! This works for me as he's not a dog that would run away. In fact only time he'll runs is if I'm teasing him with a yummy treat or when we are playing hide andseek from room to room in the house.

It has been interesting looking for strategies to get him to enjoy some exercises as I'd never had a dog who wasn't excited about taking a walk. From the ShitTzu manuals I read this breed needs exercise so I'm glad to be discovering ways to help him enjoy his exercises!

Exercising With My ShihTzu, Shaiming

Walking with him means exercise both for him and for me!

Exercising With My ShihTzu, Shaiming